Day 10: Back at homeland
It wasn't untill I visited InCheon, that it finally dawned to me that I was in Korea. In GangNam, Seoul, without the mass of people being 99% Korean and the Korean written on the thousands of neon signs, was no different than being in New York city. I am amazed to find how Americanized Korea has become. Everwhere I turn, there's an American prescence. McDonalds, Bennigans, Dunkin Doughnuts, and even 7-11s. Thousands of fast moving bodies and - usually not so fast moving - cars, tall buildings and neon lights, along with the toxic fumes of various automobiles. I felt myself intoxicated by my surroudings. There was much thoughts and feelings I wanted to get down on paper, but when the opportunity came, my mind was a jumble and nothing came out.
InCheon, which is the International Airport is located and where I first arrived, had the Korea I had remembered. Narrow, sloping allys occupied by a cat or two.
I'll continue later..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56877403@N00/263725673/
It wasn't untill I visited InCheon, that it finally dawned to me that I was in Korea. In GangNam, Seoul, without the mass of people being 99% Korean and the Korean written on the thousands of neon signs, was no different than being in New York city. I am amazed to find how Americanized Korea has become. Everwhere I turn, there's an American prescence. McDonalds, Bennigans, Dunkin Doughnuts, and even 7-11s. Thousands of fast moving bodies and - usually not so fast moving - cars, tall buildings and neon lights, along with the toxic fumes of various automobiles. I felt myself intoxicated by my surroudings. There was much thoughts and feelings I wanted to get down on paper, but when the opportunity came, my mind was a jumble and nothing came out.
InCheon, which is the International Airport is located and where I first arrived, had the Korea I had remembered. Narrow, sloping allys occupied by a cat or two.
I'll continue later..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56877403@N00/263725673/

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home