Impossible Poet - SKY :: Chapter 30 SKY@Korea

the absurd, the impossible, the irrational, illogical, emotional world of SKY

Friday, December 22, 2006

Life In Korea: Continued
Mood: Bah-Humbug

Well, it seems that X-mas is around the corner. Seeing as though I have don't have any days off for either X-mas or New years, nor am I normally keen on holiday events, I shall be a scrooge about it. I spread the don't give and don't receieve gospel! Instead, why not buy yourself a gift? This way you won't end up opening a box of can opener with a forced smile.

1/2 Hr till class begins. Where I must teach these elementary school kids. I will not begin to mention how horridly dull it is when this particular class is the third time I will be teaching the same material. On a lighter note, I do teach reading for a middle school class today, which I find much more pleasant, since I don't have to dumb down my English several notches. Also, it is Friday! Drunken pleasantries shall ensue late in the night, I imagine. I just hope that there will be no gifts exchanged, for I have none to give. :

Money, so easy to spend! Everyday, I am shocked to see how often I am tempted to goto the ATM to draw more and more money. I must stop this and make an effort to spend less. My private tutoring hasn't been constant and if this keeps up, I will have to economize a bit better.

What's New Lately?

I have downloaded and almost finished watching Rome, Season 1 HBO series. I am an avid fan of historical series, so naturally I am enjoying this series. I shall eagerly await for season 2. I even own the old BBC series, I Claudius. Otherwise, I continue to download and watch an seemingly endless supply of movies. In fact, I cannot even keep up. My hard drive fills fast, and I must spend a few hours each week to put them on to DVDs.

Often in class I find the urge to slap a kid upside of the cranium. I grow weary from fighting these urges. Big brother is watching me.

I have not made any progress in reaching my goal in Korea.
A friend was right, it is myself that needs to change, not my enviornment.
At any length, I am still glad that I am here and not in Philly.

^^

Happy Holidays,

from yours truely,
The Scrooge

4 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Holidays! Stay warm and g'luck in the upcoming year!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger will said…

    spoiler: caesar dies!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Et tu Will?

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger SKY said…

    Hey guys, thanks and i hope you had a pleasant x mas!

    not too much to spoil on Rome, seeing as though it is all historical. I'm itching to see the series continue to augustus' reign then onto tiberius, caligula, claudius, nero..etc

     

Post a Comment

<< Home